This is a modified version of the classic Indian dish made with Rava (Semolina/Farina). You can make it as spicy as you want by putting in more green chillies. Feel free to add any veggies that you like. I to use bell peppers as it add a touch of sweetness to the dish. If you do not have roasted peanuts you can use regular peanuts. It is quick fast and easy.
- 4 oz Whole wheat thin spaghetti (or angel hair pasta)
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp Urad Dal
- 1 1.2 tsp Channa Dal
- 5 curry leaves
- 1 inch Ginger chopped
- 2 cloves of Garlic chopped
- 1 chopped Onion
- 3 Green Chillies, seeded and chopped
- 1 Red Capsicum, seeded, chopped
- 1 Yellow Capsicum, seeded, chopped
- 1/4 cup Green Peas frozen or fresh
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Chili powder to taste (optional)
- 1/2 cup of roasted peanuts (optional)
- 8 stalks chopped cilantro leaves
- Lemon juice to taste (1 tbsp)
Bring a quart of water to a rolling boil. Add the spaghetti to it and let it cook till almost done. About 6-8 mins. While the pasta is cooking.
Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pot, add the mustard seeds and allow them to pop.
Add the channa & urad dals & the curry leaves to it and fry till the dals turn reddish – the curry leaves will darken.
Add onion, ginger, garlic and green chilies. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
Add the vegetables, turmeric & chili powder, and salt to taste.
Stir and cook the vegetables for about a 2 min.
By this time your pasta should be done. Drain the pasta and then add it to the mix and stir well.
Add the lemon juice, roasted chopped peanuts and stir to mix.
Serve hot/cold topped with cilantro.