You are absolutely going to love this salad. Its really simple to make and it bursts with flavor and its healthy and can I add one more ‘and!’, it took all of 20 minutes to make and you can have leftovers for the next couple of days for lunch or dinner. Convert it into something else like a wrap with your favorite protein, wrap it in soaked rice paper for a Vietnamese take on it, let those creative juices flow and let me know what you converted it into for the next day!
I have a vita-mix so I did not bother to remove the seeds from the apple as they all get pulverized. If you do not have a vita-mix or equivalent then you can core the apple. and remove the seeds.
- 1 granny smith apple stem removed and chopped
- 2.5 heaped tablespoons peanut butter
- 2.5 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 teaspoons of your favorite hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 a small cabbage shredded (about 6 cups)
- 1 cup frozen green peas (soaked in hot water for about 10 mins)
- 1 red bell pepper (finely sliced)
- 2 green onions (sliced)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint
Puree all the dressing ingredients in the vita-mix (or your blender) till smooth. Toss the dressing with the salad. Eat right away or store and eat slowly for up to 3 days.
1.5 qt. Stainless Steel Double Boiler