I started making Banana Bread a while back after I tasted Beth’s moms Banana bread that she bought to work. She was kind enough to get the recipe for me since I was so crazy about it. I have tinkered with it numerous times and this is my most favorite version. Thanks Beth!
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 thawed ripe bananas (that were left in the fridge for about 2 days and then frozen)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp dark rum (or more if you like)
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Add eggs one at a time and beat until well incorporated.
Sift flour, baking soda and salt together. Add to the mix in two batches mixing well.
Add mashed bananas and mix.
Pour into 2 greased lined pans (or unlined if you are using silicone pans)
Bake at 350 for 55 mins or less depending on your oven.
- You can always just half the recipe except for the baking soda to make just one loaf.
- Chocolate chips are a great addition
- A streusel topping is great – 1/2 cup brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, 1 tablespoon olive oil. Mix them up and sprinkle on the top before you put it in the oven