We have had wonderfully warm days so early this year and I thought the perfect starter to dinner would be cucumber soup. Unfortunately the weather decided not to cooperate that evening and dropped to being chilly – but the soup turned out marvelously and was warmly received by everyone.
This is a really simple soup and something that can be whipped up on the spur of the moment.
- 1 medium cucumber (peeled, deseeded and chopped into chunks)
- 1 clove of garlic (peeled)
- 1 bunch of curly parsley (tail end of the stems removed)
- 1/4 cup of vegetable stock
- 6-7oz of cream cheese (depending on how thick you want the soup)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 twists from the pepper mill of black pepper
Blend cucumber, garlic, parsley, vegetable stock and cream cheese in a blender until smooth. Add the salt and pepper and you are done.
I normally serve this with roasted red peppers on top.